I can tell that the post I am working on is important by all the displacement activities I have been undertaking while avoiding it. I have been (in no particular order):
- making my bed on a regular basis
- doing my daily meditation
- sorting through my old things
- finishing off my projects that have been lying around
- working with dedication on the complexity course I’ve been taking
- learning a new programming language and
- (this is the real sign of pathology) Reorganizing my bathroom cabinet.
I’ll admit that the list looks good. And the cabinet looks great.
It seriously needed it.
But then one of my friends (and former roommates, so somewhat better acquainted with my housekeeping habits than the random member of the internet) asked me what I was up to, and whether I had been spending too much time on UFYH (look it up, but not if you don’t like websites with rude names) and I said, “No. I’ve just… Um. I’m not entirely sure *what’s* going on, actually. It’s probably masterful procrastination, now that I think of it.”
So I did spend the day working on that post. And took this bit out of it.
Filed under: Day-to-Day